Short Sale Highlights
- The homeowner avoids foreclosure and the massive
credit damage that goes with it.
- The homeowner has control over the timing of the
transaction and their move from the property.
- The homeowner gets a full release from the lender and
is not financially responsible to repay the loss the lender takes.
- The transaction can be completed at no cost to the
homeowner. The sales costs – commissions, title and escrow
fees and most repair costs – are all paid by the lender.
- An amicable solution to a difficult problem. The
homeowner’s win by getting the home sold, getting the loan
paid off and having the ability to move forward without a foreclosure
on their credit. The lender wins by saving the added expense of the